over the last month we ate ridiculous amounts of meat of all kinds, this week we decided to make peace with our bodies & have a meatless week & “healthy” week.
this was a good opportunity to initiate our cookbook series, we have ~30 of them but lately they just seem to lay sad on the shelves. we decided to pay special attention to each & every book by reading it thoroughly & cooking as much recipes as possible from it.
we start with a book on healthy cooking (“the healthy kitchen of al hashulhan“).
friday, 29 april
– Butter-Glazed Radishes, from orangette.
saturday, 30 april:
– spicy cabbage- sauted in spice oil (coriander seeds, cumin, garam masala) topped with sunny-side-up egg
– coconut-carrot cake
sunday, 1 may:
– artichoke fries, from a local food blog.
– grilled smoky eggplant salad, from eating well.
– a hybrid of a warm couscous salad & thai green curry. with cubes of tofu, potatoes, eggplants & turnip.
wednesday, 4 may:
– pasta salad, with tuna, olives & capers.
thursday, 5 may:
– nicoise salad, with fresh tuna quick-pickled in vinegar